fbpx

Have you hit a growth plateau? Here’s what you can do to break free and move to the next level.

Have you hit a growth plateau? Here’s what you can do to break free and move to the next level.

 

Want to reach the pinnacle of success?

You have to climb uphill to reach the mountain peak of excellence in different areas of your life, but somewhere along the way, you’ve probably hit obstacles that have either slowed or hampered your progress, causing your growth to plateau. Most of us go through this phase, and it takes a strong will and a few practical steps to cross every hurdle and make our way to the top.

Don’t Settle!

The ‘growth plateau’ is a stagnant place where things quickly get mundane and routine and you are not challenged anymore. One of the dangers of entering this place is that comfort slowly creeps in. The obstacles you face tend to become fears that convince you to stay just a little longer in this comfort zone.

The secret to inside-out transformation is through a change in one’s mindset!

If you find yourself in a growth plateau, here are some practical tips that you can consider:

  1. Accept that plateaus are natural

It’s extremely natural to hit a growth plateau and fall into a comfort zone. However, staying in this zone will keep you from your full potential of being a high performer. It’s important to be consciously aware of when things get complacent and have an attitude to want to get out of it and move forward.

  1. Identify the root cause

Take some time out and reflect on the factors that have caused you to be in this slump. It could be anything from a lack of discipline and procrastination to different fears or failures. When you identify the root cause, you can then focus all your resources and energy to tackle that particular area.

  1. Set clear goals

Research by (Statistic Brain) has showed that 92% of people don’t achieve their goals. The remaining 8% include the likes of Abraham Lincoln, Albert Einstein, Oprah Winfrey, APJ Abdul Kalam, and Richard Branson, among many others. Their victor’s mindset of never giving up is what sets them apart. We all have the potential to be a part of this 8% – yes you do to! Set clear goals of what you want to achieve and come up with a plan to achieve these goals. However, the deciding factor in your success is going to be your mindset. If your mind believes that you can do it, then you will be able to achieve it.

  1. Find a mentor or use online resources

Advice and guidance from people who have gone ahead of you will propel and motivate you on your journey to the top. In this day and age, there are countless online resources with practical tips on overcoming challenges and moving forward.

The Circle of Personal Excellence (COPE) is one such resource. In fact, an upcoming COPE webinar is called, “Laws of progression: Transform the way you think”. This webinar will give you insight into how you can be a high performer and utilize your full potential to be successful. To know more about this webinar, please visit https://www.ergosmind.com/product/laws-of-progression-webinar/

Leave a Reply